At 4:01 a.m. on Sunday, November 25, 2007, two individuals were found dead inside a trailer after firefighters responded to a fire at the trailer along U.S. Route 522 in Mifflin County. The victims were identified as Jason M. Specht, 33, of Lewistown, and Sherry Jo Leonard, 43, of Three Springs.


Upon further investigation, the incident was ruled a double homicide and arson.


If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact the Pennsylvania State Police at (717) 320-1010. PA Crime Stoppers is offering a $2,000 reward for any information leading to an arrest in this investigation.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy 35th Birthday Jason! (08.03.09)



A Birthday In Heaven
I heard you crying today
And felt your heart-sent love
So I’m sending you this message
From Heaven up above.

I know you’re missing me today
I feel your spirit near
You’re wondering if I’ll celebrate
My birthday (way up here)

God has planned a special day for me
He told me with a wink
He ordered me a special cake
(It’s Angel food, I think)

I’m getting lots of hugs from God
He’s really good at that
And he’s assembled quite a gathering
I hear that Grammy will be there along with both my Paps.

Everybody will be wearing maize-n-blue
and cheering “Go Blue!” out loud
And balloons will fill the streets for me
As they float up through the clouds.

There's a birthday pick-up football game
where football heroes of past I will try to defend
With Hail to The Victors playing oh so sweet…
The magic never ends.

I’ve made so many friends, you see
We laugh and play and sing
We take care of each other
And sleep in Angel’s wings.

We’ll have our cake and ice cream
And open gifts, surprise!
But we don’t blow out our candles here
Instead, they light the skies.

Jason would have been 35 years old today. I miss Jason every day, but some days are extremely harder than others. Even after all this time, I still can't believe he is not here. I miss his sense of humor and talking about football. I would always send Jason's birthday into the radio station and tell him that the Wolverines would deliver his birthday present on whatever day Michigan was scheduled to play Penn State. Love and miss you brother, happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment